RedNotebook 0.6.0 has just been released. The change to 0.6.x marks that the transition from wxWidgets to PyGTK is done and that all old features are now implemented. As you may have seen there are also many new features, bugfixes and other improvements. For example,
- There is now a preview of a day’s content either in RedNotebook itself (if you use GTKMozembed), or your browser
- Your data is saved even if the program exits abnormally (terminal closed etc.)
- New clouds for your tags and categories have been added
- You can check for a new version (look under the Help Menu)
In version 0.6.0 very nice features were added:
- You can now embed images into your day’s text
- Adding links to local files is now possible
- Links and mail addresses are recognized automatically, but you can also add named links
To access those new features, click on the “Insert” button on the middle toolbar.
I hope you enjoy the new release!